The 300 workout
- All exercises are done without scheduled rest between the moves.
1. Pull-ups, overhand grip (25 reps)
2. Deadlifts with 60kg loaded bar (135 lbs, 50 reps)
3. Push-ups (50 reps)
4. 61 cm box jumps (24-inch, 50 reps)
5. Floor wipers with 60kg loaded bar (135 lbs, 50 reps)
6. Single-arm clean-and-press with 16 kg kettlebell (36 lbs, 25 reps per arm)
7. Pull-ups, overhand grip (25 reps)
Remember the movie 300 ?
I discovered this workout from Men's health magazine. The workout was published years ago but the first sentence of the article is current: "Want Hollywood muscle? Try this 300-rep Spartan workout used by the cast of the movie for a full-body transformation". I instantly got a flashback of actors in that movie. My answer was obvious.
I'd like to categorize this workout as a crossfit workout. The 300 workout was my second crossfit workout ever. Feeling before the workout was tense and excited. I decided to complete the workout as fast as I could. I knew things would get ugly. Hardest reps were last 25 pull-ups. Floor wipers were surprisingly hard to complete after four exercises of the workout. Pull-ups and floor wipers cost me a lot of time. Even though I was exhausted and out of breath, I tried to complete the reps correctly. I have to admit that last five pull-ups of the last set weren't clean at all but I gave everything I had. Short breaks between the sets helped me finish this workout without fainting.
I give my props to Andrew Pleavin (300 cast member), who completed this workout in 18 minutes, 11 seconds. I weigh 90 kg (198 lbs) and my time was 26 minutes, 56 seconds.
Is this Sparta ? I don’t know, but I’m sure it’s madness.
P.s. We shot a lot of pictures and a spectacular video of the workout. Check them out :)