- Pig test includes five exercises. Do at least two rounds.
- Do each exercise for 45 seconds. Rest 2 minutes between the exercises.
- Each rep is one point. At the running part each meter after 130 meters is one point. Sum your points and find out your score.
- Thruster (20 kg)
- Ab crunch (5 kg weight behind head)
- Squat jump (Measure 25 cm up from extended arm and mark that up. One hand touches the mark and one touches ground)
- Bench press (25kg)
- Running (Measure 20 meters track. Sprint from the starting point to every 5 meter mark and back. Go through the marks and repeat. One round = 100 meters - PICTURE BELOW)
The Finnish Navy has trained Finnish combat divers since 1954. It's probably the most physically demanding military branch in Finland. My friend Tuomas served his military service in that group. The Pig Test is one of the workouts they did to improve their physical condition.
We did three rounds of this workout. During the military service they did six rounds of it. Here are the results we got:
- Thruster: Jalosaur 70 (25/25/20) / Tuomas 70 (25/25/20)
- Ab crunch: Jalosaur 87 (29/33/25) / Tuomas 79 (27/27/25)
- Squat jump: Jalosaur 107 (36/37/34) / Tuomas 119 (40/40/39)
- Bench press: Jalosaur 174 (58/56/60) / Tuomas 153 (55/51/47)
- Running: Jalosaur 120 (47/41/32) / Tuomas 125 (45/45/35)
Total: Jalosaur 558 / Tuomas 546
Challenge yourself and complete this workout ! Check out pictures and highlight video from our competition :)
Pics were taken by professional photographer Omer Levin ! Check out his website: www.omerlevin.com