Coconut workout for beach bums
- 4 reps of each movement (1 round) in following order : hindu push-up, prone knee to opposite elbow and crusifix push-up.
- 4x1 minute set. 1 minute rest between the sets. Do as many reps as possible. Total duration: 7 minutes.
- Continue the workout after rest from the same point you stopped previous set.
- Place coconuts under your hands. If there aren't coconuts available use for example smooth stones.
- Price: 0 € (suitable for beach bums)
While I was lying on the Long Beach (Koh Lanta, Thailand) I decided to activate myself and came up with this workout. There weren't any weights or bars available on the beach so I had to use my bodyweight only. The environment of this workout is one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited in my life. Climate wasn't merciful because it was sunny and the temperature was over 35 celsius degrees. That's the reason for short duration of the coconut workout.
Before I started the workout I checked that the coconuts are strong enough to carry my weight (recommendable). I wanted to use coconuts in this workout to get a better grip for the movements. The workout focused on triceps, pecs, abdominlas and shoulders. The hardest movement was without a doubt crusifix push-ups because it was the most challenging and the last movement of each round. When the last round was over my pecs, shoulders and triceps were on fire. Abs could've done more rounds but I felt that they've done some work too. This workout required a lot of water and sweat under these circumstances. There wasn't a place on my body that didn't have sand on it. Feeling was very pleasant after I've hydrated myself and took a little bath in the sea.
My result was 9 rounds + 2 hindu push-ups.
Check out the exercises below !